"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Staff Kayaking Fun

On the staff's first weekend up here, we had a beautiful sunny day on the sunday! This was perfect, as Jon and I were hoping to be able to play outside! We all geared up to get wet, and went kayaking/canoeing. Jon has been dying to kayak down the creek that divides camp property from the property beside us, and follow the stream down to bear lake. Everyone was up for an adventure and was stoked to go! So with our lifejackets on, and lots of excitement we headed out onto the lake!

Calea and Marika rockin some hot lifejackets! Calea is an LIT supervisor this year and Marika is a lifeguard! How sweet it is to have these two girls that I adore so much out here with us this summer! They bring an energy and love for camp that is muchly needed!

Sarah Gray is out here this summer as a lifeguard. She is SUCH a sweetheart, and I am SO happy that she is here! Her calm demeanor is a much needed personality on this team!
Miss Erin Hilchie!! Oooooh having her here makes my heart just sing!!! She is so positive and energetic, and just soooo loving! Her tenderness and attetion to detail and hardwork will make her one AWESOME LIT leader this summer! I'm stoked to hang out with you lots this summer and really get to know you Er!

Ooooh Kevin. What a silly goof you are. I look forward to many "KevinMel sandwiches!"

Ben manhandled a canoe all on his own! He struggled a bit, by no fault of his own! But he did great, and we laughed a lot!

At the start of our adventure

What we had to paddle through. This was NO easy feat! Shayna and I were in a canoe together.

YAY! We made it! Well we made it to the bridge. Our canoe couldn't go any further, so we pulled it out, but all the kayakers made it all the way to bear lake! Jon was so happy!

At the end of our adventure. So much fun! What a great start to the summer!


5 comments:

  1. The staff this summer is A.MA.ZING. How much do I wish I was up there with you all??? I am SO jealous. Add in Andy & Jennie-Lynne and wow, you guys are going to have such a great summer. I really do feel like I'm missing out!! A lot. I'll be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever feel like you are missing out - you are welcome ANYTIME and are a VITAL part of this place!!! Maelle is so lucky to grow up being a "camp girl" and know that her parents met, fell in love, and got married at camp! How sweet this place is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mel. It is so sweet. I'm blessed to have it in my life the way I do and the way I have. God's so good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. Ask Jon about the time he, Aimee, Merrin and I tried to complete the same voyage. Definitely a fail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so fun, I miss the Imadene days already!

    -benjamin

    ReplyDelete