"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Monday, April 4, 2011

A day to refresh

Jon told me last week that he wanted to go camping by himself, and hike all day, and spend time in nature alone. He wanted to refresh, recenter and regroup himself. (he ended up not camping, but still going out for a full day - it was too cold for sleeping overnight outside!) I was pretty proud of him for wanting to do that - not many people would want to spend an entire day alone and outside, myself included!!! So I kissed him good-bye in the morning and out he headed with Jake! He hiked, built a shelter (to hide from the rain that came), read his Bible, and overall really enjoyed his day (so he said!). Here are some shots that he took from the day:


The day really tuckered Jake out apparently! I thought this picture was so sweet of our usually energetic dog.
So with Jon gone all day, I was left with a wide open day! I ended up going down to Victoria and spending time with the Lampard's. I have never gone down there without Jon before, so it was a new adventure! It was so wonderful to sit at the kitchen table and talk with Lois for a few hours. She is such a special woman, and I feel incredibly blessed to able to call her my mother in law! Then we headed to Luke and Care's where I got to play with Makenna and eat yummy food! They have all been so sweet about doing wheat-free cooking, and it sure makes me feel loved when they go out of their way to make sure there is no wheat! It was a great day for me as well. We are both going into this week feeling refreshed.

3 comments:

  1. So great that you and Jon both are starting the new week refreshed :-) I kind of did the same on Sunday afternoon......spent about 4 hours with the Lord at Transer Beach in Ladysmith, one of my favorite spots...the ocean is so beautiful but I almost froze my face off from the wind!! I miss you and Jon very much..my calendar needs to have your names on it....hugs to both of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are great! I love the shelter.. you're so handy Jon! And jakey is the coolest dog in the world... and the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice this is awesome! i would love to do something like this and actually sleep in the shelter! i taught shelter building at camp for a number of years, yours would pass jon ;)

    -bent ;)

    ReplyDelete