"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Monday, April 4, 2011

My beloved slippers

I had to go outside quick, and it was wet out. So I put my slippers on the wood stove to dry out for just a minute. One minute accidently turned into five or six, and before I knew it, I was smelling smoke. This was the "dryed out" product:
I was NOT impressed, and pretty upset about the whole thing, seeing as how these were my FAVORITE slippers, and now I have to wear lame socks to keep my feet warm. Jon, on the other hand, thought this was the funniest thing ever. In his words "who puts fur slippers on a fireplace?!" Thanks a lot, dear husband.

4 comments:

  1. Mel......this IS one of the funniest stories I have heard in a long time.....thank you so much for sharing.....sorry about the slippers........but.....WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? Your slippers are toast..get it? I know I'm not very funny, but THIS is funny :-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, oh man this is so funny. You crack me up mel!! And Jinny, you're pretty funny too, i definitely laughed at your pun!
    If it makes you feel any better Mel, I set a tea towel on fire the other day. Literally, in my hands, on fire, burnt to a crisp... there wasn't even half of the towel left when I was through with it. My mom just stood next to me saying "you're on fire, you're on fire, you're still on fire" over and over again. It was really helpful haha! I put it on one of the stove elements for a second without knowing it was turned on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha!! You both are super funny! Both of those comments made me actually laugh! Shayna I can't believe you were on fire!! That's crazy - but super funny!! Love you ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hhahahaha this is awesome! Mel one way or another you always make me smile! one time i was set on fire on a mountain, its a great story! haha seeya soon friend! :)

    -bent ;)

    ReplyDelete