"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Women's Outdoor Adventure Camp!

I am so far behind on my blogs that I am just now blogging about the Women's Outdoor Adventure retreat! But I wanted to make sure that I was writing something about it, because it was a pretty incredible weekend. It was the first big thing that our summer staff worked together on, and it was so awesome!! We had a lot of fun and laughed A LOT that weekend! But more than that, it reminded me once again of how much I love camp. Hanging out with these women, talking and making cappuccino drinks for them was really gratifying work. It's weekends like these that I feel most connected to the Lord, and feel as though I am really doing His work. Jon and I ran a couple outdoor cooking classes over the weekend and that was also a BLAST! I love working with Jon - we are so blessed to have such different gifts that really work well together! Doing this outdoor working class was really our first taste of "Wild Side" and it just made me giddy with excitement, thinking about the summer!!! (since then we have had many more larger tastes of what Wild Side will look like, and I am stoked!!!). Here are a few shots that I got over the weekend:

Jon teaching the group his awesome outdoor cooking skills

Jinny getting right in there and helping. Jinny, your constant encouragement and love towards us is astounding, and you are sooo important to us!! The way you just always believe in us means so much, and you participating in this class was yet another example of your support! We love you!
Jenni-Lynne and Court eating the deeeelicious food that was made!

Me and Maelle hanging out!

I feel as though there is so much I could say about this weekend, but words can't really describe it. It was well put together, well thought out, and well carried out. God cares about this place more than we all ever could, and it blows me away when He showers us with His goodness. I am thankful for camp, and for this ministry and the chance to do with my husband.

3 comments:

  1. You and Jon DO make a terrific team Mel, and it was so great to be a part of that weekend and be able to spend time with the two of you!! Being greeted by your hugs and servant-hearted attitude - not to mention the latte - is a blessing to me and I'm sure to so many others!! I love you both so much and know that the Lord's Hand is upon you and the work that He will equip you to do this summer.......what an amazing legacy you and Jon are bringing to Camp Imadene. I pray for new ways to touch people through each person you meet....your smile lights up the world!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

    ReplyDelete