"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trip to Medicine Hat

Yes yes yes I know - its been quite a while since I last wrote! Jon tells me that I just get bored of my hobbies... so I'm writing tonight to prove to him that he is WRONG! I dont get bored of my hobbies, I just get busy with other things! Anyways, since the last time I posted, I went home for a week and what a great break it was! I was getting so homesick and sad missing my family (that was the longest stretch I have ever gone without seeing them!) so I got a good fill :) I got a Neil to myself for a couple of hours, driving to calgary and back which is was so nice! And then I got to spend a few days with my mom, hanging out at her school, and finally seeing her new house! I even got to hang out with both of my aunt's and all my cousins, which I always love doing! I have such a great family, it makes me so happy! I even got to see Court and her NEW HOUSE!!! I cant believe I have good friends who are BUYING HOUSES! That seems insane! But I am so proud of her, and extremly happy for her, and the wonderful life she is building for herself!!!! But I have to be honest and say that the time I got to spend with my baby brother was my highlight! It seems like he is growing up SO fast, and so am I, I guess! Going home and not having him there was a bit hard for me - hanging out with my goofy younger brother is always what I look forward to! But I got to go to Olds, where he lives now, and go out for dinner with him, and spend time catching up. He is just so handsome and such a good kid that it just warms my heart! I CANNOT wait util Christmas when me, him and Jon all get to do fun things together!!! Here is a picture of my brother and I - he is growing his hair out for the WHOLE hockey season - something his entire team is doing! Oh dear.

I know, we look so alike right? It always takes me by suprise too! Ha ha ya right!
And then after seeing Brandon in Olds, I went to Calgary and spent a few days with my beautiful Jenny!!! This girl has been my friend since I was a crazy teenager, and she took me in as her "little sister". Jen and I have such a special bond - this girl is CRRRRAAAZY and so much fun, but surprisingly, she is the one who makes me feel calm about life. She has a way of bringing my back down to earth, and showing me the best in myself, and brings out my silly side! When I left her, my cheeks were hurting from all the laughing we did! I love that we have like 9 years of friendship behind us, and I can still call her one of my very best friends. She is someone I miss greatly, and I am just SOO happy that we got to spend some time together! She was able to help me find some perspective with life! Here is a picture of my beautiful friend:

Going home is always such a good thing - it eases that ache inside, and reminds me that I love my life here, in BC with Jon. From far away, it seems like life at home is changing so rapidly, and crazily, but in reality, it just stays the same. I mean, things change of course, but it's still home, and that doesn't change. I am looking forward to Christmas when I get to spend two weeks there (with Jon this time!) and get to actually see my Grandparents (they live in Saudi Arabia - crazy I know). YAY!

1 comment:

  1. i love this post... but i do need to take issue with one thing. i'm sorry mel, but i'm totally siding with jon on the hobbies comment. you go hardcore for a while and then it fades. remember the knitting craze? or the obsessive crib playing? or the save the elephants phase? just to name a few...but i love your phases!!! and i love you for being obsessed with random things!

    ReplyDelete