"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Date at Gold Stream :)

Jon and I had to drive to Victoria to return the crash mats we borrowed from PCS, and on the way Jon told me he had a surprise stop for me! He pulled over a Gold Stream and we spent an hour just walking around, taking pictures, and just laughing together. He knows that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the fall leaves, so he thought I would like this stop - what a sweetie he is! And he was very right! It was so pretty! And it was also a lot of fun!

Most giantess leaf I have ever seen - this island produces leaves unlike anything I have ever seen!
This is us these days - happy and smiley, and just loving each other deeper
I SAT inside this tree, thats how big the hole was! Crazy!
Then we found a BIGGER one! Jake and I hid in there (Jake didnt like it too much and just wanted to get out, but I made him get in with me haha)
Then Jon found one that was super weird - he went INSIDE the tree and was able to stand up. So funny!
Standing by the stream - it was too early for the salmon run. I cant wait to go back and see it then!
Pondering nature as usual. Even Jake is interested in whatever they are looking at - what cute boys they are! Jon's love for the outdoors, and his amazement for nature makes me love him so much! He gets excited about things like streams. How cute is that!
While they were studying the stream, I was sitting on the log just taking everything in.
It was a perfect afternoon that I will remember! The times we spend together, just hanging out and having fun are my favorite. This whole year I have loved being married, but it seems like lately we have reached a new level of happiness and contentness, and it makes me SO excited for our future. Once again, I am just such a lucky girl.

1 comment: