"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Life at the Zoo

We only have two pets (and a fish, but he is pretty tame and mostly just swims in his bowl!) but on my word they are CRAZY! I feel like lately we live in a zoo - Jon calls himself a zookeepers, which I think is funny. These animals are NUTS - Henrik is a ball of energy, always tearin around and knocking things over, and Jake follows behind him, wagging his tail, and knocking over the things that Henrik has missed. They also are starting to play together, which is super cute, and REALLY funny. Henrik bits Jake and rolls around all over him, but Jake is gentle and just lets him - but when Jake does decide to swat back, Henrik goes flying because he is so small! Life in the zoo is pretty funny, most of the time! The exception being the middle of the night when we are trying to sleep and we can hear Henrik causing a hurricane and Jake starts to whine at him. Not so funny then!
Here they are snuggling together... or more like Henrik has forced Jake to snuggle with him, and Jake for once is just tolerating it!
This would be the shoe rack in my room - he has taken all that stuff OFF the rack, in a loud crashing manner, and then plays with the stuff, and then decides he is tired and takes a nap. There is currently only 3 shoes left on my shoe rack - he has decided that the rest are better off on the floor.

2 comments:

  1. Henrik is so cute with Jake, that I hope you found a place for him for the holidays :-) I came here looking for pictures of your matching toque that belongs with your critter mittens, but I guess I will have to wait for the real meal deal when you return!!
    It was great to hear your voices on the phone today though, makes me really miss you both. When I need to hear your voice, I will call the camp and listen to the awesome message you left...you are the new voice of Imadene!! hugs and safety prayers for travelling for you both, love Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how in the first picture Jake has a look on his face like "Dang, I just got caught on tape being a sorry excuse for a dog who cuddles with cats!"

    ReplyDelete