"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Thursday, December 9, 2010

This Post Is for Sharon!

So it has come to my attention that I have... once again.... been a huge slacker when it comes to blogging! It seems that I have been enjoying sitting at home at night, with my warm fire on, cuddled up with Jon, watching Christmas movies too much to write!! But that is NO excuse to not keep up the blog (right Sharon?!!). Therefore, I have decided to write this entry dedicated all to my wonderful neighbour that I adore!

Here is a picture of us together at camp this summer! Pretty good lookin pair eh?! I think so!

Since the Burdge's have been away on their holiday, I have realized how much I love and appreciate this woman! Here are the top 10 reasons why:
1. She always lets me talk as much as I want, even if that means I just keep telling one story after the other!
2. She is the MOST giving person I have ever known - one time she even gave me a carrot peeler because she knew mine was so awful
3. Because she listens incredibly well when I am having a breakdown
4. Because she has this uncanny way of getting me to spill all my emotions to tell her (which we know is NOT an easy feat... I sometimes think that emotions just need to be shoved back down where they came from!)
5. Because when we are just hanging out together, we can laugh and laugh and make the other one just feel good and happy
6. Because we can have two conversations happening at the same tie (she is having one, and I am having one) and it ALWAYS takes us quite a long time to figure out that we are actually talking about different things... funny everytime!!!
7. Moving has been hard, and pretty lonely, and she makes Jon and I feel as though we matter, and as if we are a part of their family (which is a pretty sweet family if I do say so myself!).
8. She waits for me. Even though it probably hurts her, and sometimes really sucks, she waits for me. I love you so much for that Sharon - your waiting is appreciated!!!!
9. She motivates me to do whatever it is I think I can do - she encourages me to reach past anything I think I am capable of and find the potential that lies there.
10. Because she is loyal - like I mean LOYAL!!! This girl makes a friend, a deep real friend, and that person is her friend for life. What an incredible quality!!!
I miss you friend!!! But I know your having a sweet time, and I can't wait to sit and chat with you under our blankets by the fire!! Good friends are super hard to find, and yet sometimes the Lord just provides you with exactly what you need in the shape of a friend when you need it most! I really truly believe that you have been my answer to prayer! Thanks for being you :) Now go eat an Inn and Out burger for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment