"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Monday, January 24, 2011

Precious Time

Seeing as how it is now almost the end of January, I figured it was time to update on whats been happening, starting with where I left off... Christmas holidays in Medicine Hat.

A small part of our holiday was spent with two of our dearest friends! Ben and Shayna made a stop in Alberta on their way from Saskatchewan to British Columbia. It was such a blessing to be able to spend some extremly precious time together! Being apart has been hard, because the 4 of us are so much better together! But we had an amazing time, and it was some of the best days I have had in a really long time! I was so excited and giddy in the days leading up to them arriving, and once we were together, it amazed me with how easy it was to just be together. It was as though no time has passed, even if life was very different. All three nights that they were there, we stayed up ridulously late - like 3 am late! - and we talked until our mouths hurt, laughed more than I thought was possible, played games, told stories, and just enjoyed being together! We took a ton of pictures in those few days, but here were some of my favorites:


Seeing them have fun together always warms my heart. They are the best of friends, and love each other deeply, but they fight like they are siblings. Jon takes such enjoyment out of teasing Shayna endlessly, and she does not take well to it! But, at the end of the day, Jon would go to the end of the earth for this girl, and Shayna sees him as a brother. She is just as much a part of our family as Jake is (even more, seeing as how she is a person and not a dog.....)
Not too sure why I have crazy eyes, but I love this picture because this is a time when the camera truly catches you laughing and having fun, not just posing. Look how BEAUTIFUL she is!!!!
We went for dinner to Rossco's for wings to celebrate my birthday! Yay for me being born!
Then we went to see Narnia in 3D - my very first 3D movie, and how lucky it was Narnia! I LOVE Narnia!! (and so does Shayna - it was her love for it that got me hooked!)
Ben and I hanging out one morning while Jon and Shayna cooked breakfast for us!
LOL! Love this! The boys being silly... and right after this picture, Jon of course made Ben so awkward. They are great friends, but how that ever happened is truly God driven, because they couldn't be more different! All goes for Jon, nothing held back, while Ben is much more conservative. Yet they have such similar heart, and let me tell ya, they sure how how to treat their girls :)
Favorite. Picture. Ever.
LOOOOOOVE
Sad because we had to once again be seperated for months on end. LAME! We may have potentially cried a LOT immediately after this picture, but yet it's okay because we know that we will always be each other's favorite friend!!!
It was oh so wonderful to see you two, and so very sad to see you drive away! But the great thing about lifelong friends is that you know there will be a visit in the future to always look forward to! I love that they walked with us through every stage in our relationship, and now even though we are far away, we get to experience theirs. It is very sweet, and oh so special! We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment