"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Monday, September 13, 2010

Life slowing down

There is not a whole lot to report these days - life has slowed RIGHT down and I love it!! We have now officially started our internships which is interesting! So far things have been pretty easy and straight forward - we had a guest group come in today (Adult Fall Adventure) so we have been cleaning like mad trying to get ready! Jon and I are using the program office as our office - right now its cold and pretty boring so we are going to think of ways to spice it up!! We are enjoying the quieter life, and just being able to spend time together. We threw an LIT wind-up party on Saturday at Tim and Lois' house with all the LIT's (more to come on that later!) which was lots of fun. We also had our first leaders meeting at Parksville Baptist last wednesday and we are SOO excited to start being youth leaders out there. Kick-Off is this coming wednesday!! We also went to our first church service out at Parksville and we really really enjoyed it. Its still hard to not be a part of the Gathering - we miss Kevin Fawcett as our Pastor! - but this seems like it will be a really good fit for us. I also have started my 12 Week Transformation Program and I feel REALLY good about it. Jon is doing the eating part of it with me, and we are having lots of fun experimenting with new, HEALTHY foods! He is still the head cook in this family, and he does such a good job at it :) The work-out side of it is hard, but that is how it should be right? Overall, we are enjoying a quieter life, and getting much needed rest. Even Jake seems to have calmed down a bit and is not so crazy anymore! haha We will see how long that lasts! 5 more days until we leave for MEXICO! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you are ENJOYING the quietness of life slowed down. I can not say enough how much I loved coming up to stay with you guys... we need to do it again soon! We have so much fun with you - and Mel... I really feel your like a sister to me! I love our talks. Whether it's about life, books, food, or being a Lampard I always come away encouraged and uplifted. I hope you guys are having an absolutely awesome time in Mexico. Praying neither of you get heat stoke or food poisoning!!!
    Love ya tons, Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok.. where is some new and exciting info on this blog... have a great week back at Camp... see you all soon... love reading what you have written... but my advice is stay current.... love you both

    ReplyDelete