"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mexico!

We have been home from our trip for a week and half now, but I am just blogging about it now! Talk about being behind! But our trip was AMAZING! It was crazy beautiful, super hot, and just really relaxing. Most days we slept in, went to breakfast, then sat by the pool for a few hours, walked on the beach, walked around Playa Del Carmen, and just chatted and laughed the whole time. I read a couple books - even Jon got his whole way through a book!! I was able to stick to my work-out routine, although my eating was not as "clean" as it was supposed to be! Jon and I both got crazy bad sunburns, but all those hours in the sun was so worth it :)


Jon spent a lot of time playing beach volleyball and water polo with the entertainment team (our favorite was a guy named Rolando) and other hotel guests while I watched and read my book

This is my sunburn on day one. OUCH!


Jon participated in ping pong tournament one day and he WON!!!! YAY JON!!! The fanny pack and the awesome hat was his prize. We found really sweet chairs right on 5th Ave in the middle of Playa Del Carmen while we were shopping, so we took a break!


This was a fun day! Lots of walking and talking!


One day we went on a crazy adventure day. We went biking and hiking through the JUNGLE and we went rapelling into a cave, and then played on inner tubes. We then went on a CRAZY 4x4 drive on this wild jeep, and then went snorkelling into a cenote. It was a VERY cool day. Jon was in heaven all day long! I was having a great time until we were snorkelling and I started to freeze - I REALLY hate being cold. Then I looked up in the cenote and seen BATS. Hundreds and hundreds of bat. I was so done after that - sick! But it really was a crazy and exhausting day!! I am so glad that we did it :)


Unfortunately, we decided to test out whether our camera was still water proof or not (I dropped and broke a piece off a while back) and we found out that it was indeed not water proof anymore. Not only that, but the water broke the camera, and we werent able to take any more pictures after this day!! We bought a disposable, but we have yet to put those pictures onto CD and upload them! So this is the little small taste of our wonderful vacation! It was much needed, and just amazing. We came back much more rested, healthier and happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment