"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

On sunday Jon and I got up early and started prepping our turkey and making stuffing to put in the oven and anxiously waiting for the Lampard's to get here. They arrived around lunchtime and we spent the day being silly, walking around camp, and just laughing and chatting. Then Jon and Lois headed up the cooking committee and got everything organized for dinner and dinner was DEEEEELICIOUS! Then we spent the night watching the amazing race (love that show!) and playing games. It was fun to have them all sleepover (except Aimee who had too much homework - hopefully next time!). Then today we got up and ate breakfast and we all played Buzz word - talk about crazy!!! But it was so much fun, and such a good weekend. The more family get togethers we have, the more I feel like part of the family, which is such a good feeling! I love holidays and thanksgiving has always been one of my favorites - third only to christmas and my birthday haha! I was very thankful this thanksgiving to be surrounded by a family who has taken me in and loves and accepts me :) I was also thankful that Jon and I are able to have them up at our house because of the incredible ways God has blessed us with this house, and all the room!! Very thankful thanksgiving :)

Me and my beautiful sis in law Care - the only two who choose to be Lampards - we are either really crazy, or just really lucky
Family shot! Took a while to get this, but it turned out well!
Luke and Care you make my heart swell - I am just so proud of you guys and how hard you work for your love! You inspire me constantly and I love you a LOT!

Favorite picture of the season so far! I am married to the most wonderful man in the entire world. Seriously.
What handsome boys!

Jon's favorite pasttime is playing with Makenna - he is such a good uncle! And she is the cutest thing in the whole world!
The beautiful Lampard ladies! I love you each dearly and am so glad that I can call you my family!!!
We took everyone to try out the maze we have been working on, and it was so funny to watch them all try to get out! Once Care did it once and figured it out, she took Makenna with her, and the girl LOVED it - she didnt want to get out!! This picture is completly and udderly adorable!
Aimee told us about this pushing/slapping game and it was funny to watch the boys battle it out!
She also got us all leg wrestling - we all wrestled, but this picture made me laugh the most - Aimee vs. Lois
As you can see, the weekend was truly wonderful. I know I have said it before, but we are just so incredibly blessed. The only thing missing was the piece of my heart that was in Alberta with my mom and brother. This was my very first thanksgiving without them and I definately missed them. It was hard knowing they were all together and I am so far away - I just feel like I have missed so much that I am barely a part of the family anymore - but I also know that as soon as I go there, I will feel right at home, because where they are will always be home! I love you mom and Brandon and we miss you terribly!! But we also love you Lampards and we are so glad we got to spend the holidays with you - my very first thanksgiving with the Lampards was a success!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun weekend! and you had the place ALL to yourselves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great time! and yes i would say you are both crazy and lucky for marrying a lampard! ;)

    -bent ;)

    ReplyDelete