"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Saturday, February 12, 2011

All we need is canes and two rocking chairs

We know that we are like an old couple, but we like it! Tonight we stayed in because I wasn't feeling too well, and we pulled out an old classic - Yahtzee! When I was little, I played this game with my mom a lot, and loved it. When I came out of the closet tonight with this game box, Jon laughed and started practicing his rolls. The first thing he said to me was "I have never gotten a Yahtzee in this game before". Well, his luck sure changed!

In our final game of the night (we played five times) Jon rolled his very first Yahtzee! He almost knocked his chair over, he was so excited. We high fived and I laughed at his excitement. The five's were his lucky number WOO!
A few minutes later, in the SAME game, he rolled ANOTHER Yahtzee. Here is he laughing at his luck! I took a picture of him, while secretly being bitter, because this extra 150 points for him would probably guarantee him a win.
The lucky 3's

However, I STILL won! WOOOOOT! Even with his TWO Yahtzee's, my points were still higher than his. I was very excited over this, but tried not to gloat and ruin his happiness over two Yahtzees. Yep, just a typical night in for us. 23 going on 87 and loving every minute of it. We truly were made for each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment