"Where does family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl - no superior alternative has yet been found"
-Winston Churchhill

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day so far

I woke up this morning after Jon went to work, and when I went into the kitchen I found this very adorable card:

When I opened it up, it had a very sweet note from my very sweet husband!
When he came home at lunchtime, he made me a fire. This boy knows the way to my heart! Henrik thought he would try to help...
Now I am cuddled on my couch with a blanket, watching AstroBoy with Elliot. He sure looks comfy in the hammock with a pillow, blanket and popcorn!

I am anxiously waiting for it to be tonight, when I get to go out on a much anticipated date with Jon! I didn't think we were going to do anything, because Valentine's Day has never really been a big deal for us. But the other day I was standing in our kitchen and I noticed pickles way up high on the top shelf. My pickle radar zoomed right now, and immediately I was curious as to why they were up there, and I wanted to eat them immediately. Jon got all stuttery and and red-faced and eventually told me he was hiding them from me. My love for pickles is GREAT, and hiding them is never a good idea. I finally got him to tell me that he booked a reservation at a fancy restaurant for us, but we couldnt get in until 7:30, and he knew I would be starving by then, so he bought me pickles, cheese and crackers to eat as we get ready to go out! Seriously, this boy knows the ways to my heart! Needless to say, I am really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment